- M.S./Ph.D. in a scientific-related field
- At least five years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management
- Solid understanding of drug discovery and early development
- Experience in using project management tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, time/resource management, attention to detail, and proven success working in matrix environments
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the resources, timelines and budgets for discovery and early translational programs at ZielBio.
- Work with scientific leads and head of program management to identify critical path activities, milestones, gaps and challenges and develop plans accordingly to meet program goals.
- Clearly and timely communicate timeline expectations, changes, issues or relevant information to managers and colleagues as appropriate.
- Implement strategies for keeping track of internal and external scientific activities and timelines; track those activities.
- Manage contractual aspects of nonclinical external collaborations.
- Establish collaborative relationships with external vendors and communicate proactively when potential issues/challenges arise on studies and/or timelines are not being met.
ZielBio is an early-stage biotechnology company that identifies novel high value disease targets and develops therapeutic interventions to improve patient outcomes. ZielBio has a rich pipeline. Its lead candidate ZB131 is currently in the clinic and is a proprietary humanized monoclonal antibody against cell surface plectin (CSP), a target that is highly expressed on the plasma membrane of multiple types of cancer cells, including ovarian, pancreatic, lung, and colorectal.